Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lemonade Chicken with Cilantro Lime Veggies

Here is a recipe I made last night that turned out rather well.  And it was SO easy!  I made some for us to enjoy over the next few days and dished some up in freezer bags for dinner coop group. 


Lemonade Chicken (borrowed from Freezer Friendz
Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
6 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder

Assembly:
Place chicken in freezer bag.
Combine the lemonade, soy sauce and garlic powder and pour over the chicken.
Seal out air and freeze flat.

Serving Day:
Thaw completely.
Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Uncover. Spoon juices over chicken and cook another 10 minutes uncovered.
Enjoy with a salad and your favorite side!



I was blessed with several fresh garden veggies from our friends Melanie and Lindsey, so I cut up a squash, zucchini, onion, 2 tomatoes, and 5 small potatoes (Pre-steam any potatoes first or they will end up hard.). I  used the following dressing since I still had lot of fresh cilantro in my fridge.  I concocted the following dressing for the veggies, allowed them to soak in it for several hours, and then hubby threw them on the grill with the chicken in our grill veggie basket. He wasn't a big fan of the bitter taste of the lime, but I liked them ok.  To cut down on the bitter taste, I decreased the amount of lime below.  


Cilantro Lime Veggie Marinade
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil 
Dash of pepper
Dash of sea salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons of minced garlic (I like garlic)
Mix together in a bowl.  Pour over chopped veggies.  Allow to soak for several hour and then grill or place in oven. 



No comments:

Post a Comment