I was looking for something to do with a pound of baby carrots and came across this recipe here. I thought this would be perfect to go with out leftover Lemonade Chicken from the other night.
Agave Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips or sliced into rounds (or you could use a pound of baby carrots)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Enough water to cover carrots in the pan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agave syrup
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Boil enough salted water in a pan to cover the carrots once they’re placed in.
- Place carrots in boiling water and cook until fork tender. The time will vary depending on how thick your carrot pieces are.
- Drain the water and return the pan to the stove, over low heat. Add the butter let and let the heat melt the butter. Toss carrots until coated with melted butter.
- Add the agave syrup and stir the carrots in the butter and syrup until the two form a glaze.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as wanted.
- Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional)