Friday, February 24, 2012

How 'bout them apples?

So I am lucky enough to have a little extra time this morning, as we have a two hour delay.  This is my eleventh year teaching, and I think this is only my second two hour delay ever.  They just didn't really have these in Colorado- probably too complicated with a big school district.  So I am using my time productively...or unproductively- I am not sure. Oh well. Here is a recipe I have been meaning to post. Sorry for the cliche title, but I just had to!  I couldn't resist.

This. is. delicious. I swear it tastes just like a slice of fluffy peanut butter pie, but it truly is healthier.  And did I say delicious?  It is the perfect accessory to my love-hate relationship with apples. They are now the perfect addition to any meal or even for dessert.  I would be apt to say that this is a smarter option that that Dairy Queen ice cream cake that I have been slowly devouring from the freezer since Valentine's Day...



Creamy Peanut Butter Dip
Ingredients
1 cup vanilla yogurt 
1/2 cup peanut butter 
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions
In a medium bowl mix together yogurt and peanut butter until well blended.  Stir in cinnamon.  Fold in whipped topping.  Chill until ready to serve.  Serve with fresh fruit.



I had more than I could eat within the week so I just froze it and ate it a couple weeks later with a fresh batch of apples. Nom.Nom.Nom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment